Before starting your application, please read the following:
A. The online application must be completed in one session, as you will not be able to save and return at a later time.
B. If the application is deemed incomplete, you will receive an email indicating the required/missing information or forms.
C. Payment will not be required until your application has been accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application, the amount due, and instructions on how to make payment online.
Please have the following items ready as they pertain to your business.
For Short-Term Rentals:
- Fictitious Business Name Statement- if you are using a DBA
- Federal Tax ID number or
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number for Owner and each officer
- Secretary of State Corporate or LLC Entity Number
- ABC License Number
- Seller's Permit (required for all retail or wholesale businesses)
- Professional State License Number (if applicable)
Choose Business Type: Living Accommodation TOT
Additional required information:
To comply with the Just Cause Ordinance:
- Assessor Parcel Number (APN)
- Total Number of Units
- Affidavit of Public Notification or request for Department of Finance external signage
Choose Business Type: Rentals- House/Apts/Etc
Your business start date should be the first date of rental. If you have been renting your property for over three years, the charge will be effective 01/01/2016. An annual business license registration fee costs $15 per a dwelling unit plus the state-mandated fee, and the penalty for being delinquent is up to 50%.
We wish you much success in your business venture.